torsdag 17 maj 2012

Update for last year

I have to admit it to myself... I do suck at keeping the regular updates going. But at least I'm keeping busy. At the moment I'm doing the final essay for my Bachelor degree. At the same time I've done my first balancing of the books, planned the summer and worked a few markets - not without a certain bit of "aaaarrrrghh-tired-of-stressing-will-kill-books"-feelings from time to time, but overall it's working out.

Some stuff along the way:

(I had a nice viking summer, loads of places and pics so I'm a bit too lazy to put up right now.)

Oktober:

 Went to Copenhagen and had a good time with friends. On the way to the bus back I found a geological museum and, being a nerd, decided to have a look. They randomly turned out to have an old cabinet of curiosities tucked away in a side room... it even had anteaters. Awesome.

***

After Copenhagen it was time to return to Scotland. As I walked up the Royal Mile I heard a voice shouting my name from the other side of the street. "How odd" I thought, since I don't know that many in Edinburgh.

I looked over to the voice and, naturally, there was a 2 m tall werewolf jumping up and down waving at  me.

 




At this point my brain
sighed and resigned
to the fact that this was just a new dimension of randomness.







The wolf turned out to be Callum, trying out a new profession... I don't know how much money he got out of scaring the kids but according to him he was almost scared of the approaches of women that wanted to drag him into bed with the costume. Big bad wolf for the win.




While waiting for company I found a nice hill with cannons, columns, an observatory and a nice view over Edinburgh. 

*

After that I went to the museum with Sam and Laura and we found a happy friend (and anteaters!)


 ***

Travelled to Glasgow to visit some friends and made a trip to the Isle of Bute with Stuart. 

It had the most fashion-forward donkeys I've ever seen... 






*** 

The lovely little English village Godmanchester...

(The text on the stone basically says: Warning, if you're young and stupid, don't fall for other stupid people and for god's sake don't have sex with them. That will only result in you having to marry, and him killing you.)




Going to London!



...


Antique-market-fun-business-tour with Anders. We looked at Camden, Portobello road, the silver vaults etc... and we found out that our hostel had a weird preference for insane neon yellow, which they obviously used to paint over all old dirt that appeared - or at lest that's the way it looked.

The plus side was the little secret stair to the roof we found so we spent some time in the night up there planning on crazy ideas... when we didn't stay at Duke's.

***
Got home, and did what people do sometimes, imported an Island wife... or rather boyfriend.;) Watched game of thrones and realized "winter is coming"... and then winter came.

And so did Christmas...



The year ended with a calm party at Hampus's. 
A crazy year as usual.





















 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar